Friday, March 16, 2012

Lucky in lunch

Today was our St. Patrick's day meal for the kiddos. It was a smash!

On the plate's:
Green Mac & cheese.
Rainbow cupcake pot o'gold

Center plate:
Fruit rainbow
Marshmallow clouds (you remember my marshmallow love from a few posts back)


For the Mac & cheese I added a few drops of green food coloring as I mixed in the cheese packet. For the cupcakes I simply added food coloring to the batter in 5 individual bowls and dropped a little into each cup. The fruit plate had watermelon, cantaloupe, pineapple, green grapes, blueberries, purple grapes, and of course mini marshmallows.

Fruit plate

 DD's                              Nephew's


Rainbow cupcakes



Homemade egg rolls tonight for dinner, maybe tomorrows blog will be the recipe. Happy slicing!

2 comments:

  1. What a cute idea! I bet they loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pics and description. My grown adult children love talking about these kind of things we did when they were little.

    ReplyDelete