Saturday, March 10, 2012

Daddy Lunch

Well another weekend rolls around and DD is loving her grazing ways. Big bowls of grapes, watermelon, a veggie medley all fill my fridge and whenever she's hungry she grabs a handful and chows down.

Her daddy can't do that because he's working today. Husband does not have a 9-5, M-F job so sometimes he works weekends, sometimes he works until way past our bedtime. There's even been times he's worked overnights. So sometime I have been hard pressed to get him a lunch before he leaves. I've taken it to him after, sometime he's just told me not to worry and sadly gone 9+ hours without eating.

A few weeks ago I had a delicious roast beef sandwich from our local pizza place. It's hot and cheesy and I love it. I used to get a similar sandwich from a pizza place down in Phoenix too. So I looked it up online and was able to recreate it, kind of. I made Husband try a bite of it and he thought it was pretty good, which surprised me because he doesn't typically like cheese with roast beef unless there's lots of other stuff and it's swiss cheese.

So today he asked me for a hot roast beef sandwich for lunch. I was up early enough and he told me he could zap it in the microwave to warm it, if I could make it ahead of time. We'll see how it tastes but I am very happy to now have another option my whole little family loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment