Monday, February 27, 2012

Welcome

I'm a work from home mom of one very playful 4 year old who loves to eat as long as there nothing better to do....like breathe. We spend everyday with her 3 year old cousin because I am his daycare. He also loves to eat, but he is slightly less adventurous with trying new things. He likes what he likes.

Which brings me to blogging. With so many people trying to eat healthier, and the kids wanting fun foods and quick meals, my many internet searches have lead me to lots of fun stuff. Everything from bento boxes, to the ever popular muffin tin lunch, to easy as pie cookie cutter sandwiches.

So I thought I'd try my hand and making some crafty meals and snacks to get my always moving kids to sit down and eat. Then my sister suggested I blog about it. And what better time to start than just in time for the Slice of Life 31 days of blogging month.

Pictures of the meal, and hopefully the kiddos enjoying it, will be provided as well as description of what they are eating and how it all got put together.

Enjoy!

13 comments:

  1. Welcome to this wonderful community! Looking forward to your slices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great blog idea- I'm just starting with the slice too...I think the writing community will be awesome !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmm . . . food ideas! Sounds like I may not have to create a dinner plan every night! Welcome and enjoy the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kara, I look forward to catching glimpses of your blogging and cooking journey during March. Enjoy the SOLSC!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea! As you will see from my slice, I have an active almost 3 granddaughter so I will avidly look forward to ideas to use & to pass on to my daughter. Welcome to the community.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kara, welcome! I am the mother of twin almost-two-year-olds and I am in desperate need of help in the food department! Being a working mom, I'm feeling guilty about the "meals" I splash onto a plate. No pressure, but I can't wait to read what you are cooking up! Glad you are "here"!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking forward to spending a month with you learning some yummy new foods! Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a cute idea and a good way to have something to write about every day! I don't have kids but I do love easy food so I'm looking forward to your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome! Tasty idea! I don't have any young ones about the house, but I just may see something I'd try for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome! Can't wait to see the food you are blogging about - I can always use new ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a preschool teacher and always looking for wonderful opportunities to explore food and nutrition so I'll be checking you out!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope to get some good ideas for myself! Teacher lunches can get so boring.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fun! I can't wait to see your ideas. So excited you're joining the challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete